Friday, November 4, 2011

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt

Hey, y'all! After several "likes" I have just read a book that I LOVED.  Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman is the story of Cecelia. She has lived the first 12 years of her life in a small Ohio town, complete with lilac bushes and 4th of July parades. It sounds idyllic, but when your mother runs around in old prom dresses and tiaras, you are deemed crazy by association, and your only friend is 80+ Mrs. Odell next door, nnnnot so much.  After her mother's tragic death, CeeCee is whisked away to Savannah, GA by her Great-aunt Tootie, where she is dropped into a fairy tale world of incredible gardens, historic homes and eccentric women.  It is a cinnamon roll scented place of healing, and I want to go live there.

I was enchanted by Saving CeeCee Honeycutt from the first sentence of chapter one.  So make yourself some sweet tea and get to reading.  This one is a peach!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Kay,

    Thanks so much for your lovely review of my novel. I'm tickled that you enjoyed CeeCee's story and appreciate your kind words.

    Oletta and CeeCee are waving hello to you from the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth!!! I am thrilled that you found my blog, and excited that you liked my review. I truly did LOVE your book, and I can't wait for your next!

    Mary Kay

    (No chickens here, but 2 highly social labradors!)

    ReplyDelete