Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Infernal Devices

Are you feeling a little bruised?  Are you ready for an escape?  Especially from reality?  Would you like to meet some people who have bigger problems than you do, as in the-world-as-we-know-it-might-come-to-a-nasty-end kind of problems?  Well, thrown in some world class romance while saving humanity and you have Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince, both by Cassandra Clare.

Clockwork Angel begins with the story of orphan Tessa Gray, who is crossing the Atlantic to Victoria's England to reunite with her brother Nate. Upon arrival at Southampton she is kidnapped by the horrid Dark Sisters and thrust into a world of darkness and vile magic she never knew existed: London's Downworld. Unwillingly discovering that she herself is a Downworlder with incredible powers, Tessa is rescued from the clutches of evil by Jem and Will, half angel, half human Shadowhunters.  Confused yet? Don't be! For thus begins a classic romantic love triangle between the beautiful Tessa, the tortured but gorgeous Will, and the fragile and handsome Jem.  Clockwork Prince continues this story of good vs. evil, vampire vs. werewolf, and demons vs. angels, but it's a story like you've never read before.

My daughter BEGGED me to read these books, and I must say I am glad that I did.  Part gothic romance, part fantasy and part science fiction, they have something for everyone.  I understand that the third book in this series will be out next year.  I will be buying it for my daughter, but we may be fighting over who gets to read it first!


(Oops! I don't know how to fix this once it's on my blog!!)

Footnote: Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince belong to a series called The Infernal Devices.  This series is a prequel to the Mortal Instruments Series, of which my daughter has been raving about for several years.  All are by Cassandra Clare.

No comments:

Post a Comment