Monday, March 17, 2014

The Chase

After reading Gone Girl and feeling so MAD, it was a pleasure to finish The Chase with such a satisfying sense of justice and closure. Even better, The Chase is just plain FUN!

Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg have collaborated once again to bring Los Angeles FBI agent Kate O'Hare and master-thief extraordinaire Nick Fox back for another adrenaline-filled adventure. (Get it?! The fox and the hare.) A cache of priceless stolen art sends them on a desperate chase to Florida, Shanghai, Scotland, New York and Montreal, with time for an In-N-Out burger between flights. (Anyone who can correctly reference an item from In-N-Out's secret menu is O.K. by me.) Which brings me to another reason I love Evanovich and Goldberg's partnership: they get the details right. I know I've mentioned this before, but they say you should write about what you know, and they obviously know Southern California.

Read The Chase. It's a light-hearted roller coaster ride, and I loved it!

TBC


2 comments:

  1. I bought my first Janet Evanovich book based on this review. Can't wait to read it! Have you read, The Husband's Secret? I liked it and I think you would too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a riot! I haven't read that but will look it up. mk

      Delete