Monday, April 2, 2018

Two Quick Reviews



The Heirs by Susan Rieger

My friend lent me this book, so I thought I'd better write about it quickly so as to return it in a timely fashion.  Perhaps the key to overcoming procrastination is borrowing and not buying!
Anyway...I LOVED The Heirs!  It's a terrific story about a family and their secrets, exploring the question of just how much we really need to know about those closest to us. Susan Rieger is a superb writer, jumping back and forth in time seamlessly, all the while creating characters that jumped off the page and into my heart.  I finished the book wanting more.
Thank you, Karen!!



The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware

Karen, when I bring back The Heirs I'm bringing this for you.
Just be sure to start it on a day when you have nothing else planned.
OMG...this is a winner.  Agatha Christie on steroids, clever and suspenseful,
with a lot of creepy in the mix.  I think atmosphere is Ruth Ware's special skill.
One more thing:  DO NOT read this on a cruise ship.
You've been warned!




No comments:

Post a Comment