Saturday, March 19, 2011

I Rate

It has been suggested that I do a sidebar with a list of the books I've read with ratings for each.  Well, since I haven't figured out the sidebar yet I've decided to make a short list here with a 1 to 5 star rating.  However, this is a blog about the books I LOVE, so there probably won't be many under 4 stars.  Let me know if this is helpful, or how to do a sidebar!!

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand                               
To Fetch a Thief
Little Bee
Moscow Rules
Cutting for Stone
Three Cups of Tea
Cold Sassy Tree
The Girl in the Green Raincoat
A Guide to the Birds of South Africa
The Little Book
The Good Thief
The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio
The Lightning Thief

Hmmm...with the possible exception of Moscow Rules, I think I have to give them all 5 stars.  They are all different but all outstanding in their own way.  And I liked Moscow Rules, just not as much as the others.  Maybe this isn't such a great idea after all!  I DO read books I can't stand, but I don't want to turn people off a book just because I don't like it.  What do you think about a rating system?  What about just a list?  HELP!!

5 comments:

  1. Goodreads? That will keep you organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.goodreads.com

    You can set up your own bookshelves to organize the books you read, and create a "widget" that you can display on your blog (like the one sarah has on her blog).

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I get it on there?! I think you should come out and help me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure, i'll come out. :)

    K, did you get a goodreads account? that's step one. :) Get the books on there that you want...have fun organizing them into bookshelves and rating them. Then (under the My Books tab) on the left hand side you'll see under the list of bookshelves that there's an option for widgets. Click on that. It will take you to a page that has several widgets options. Pick one and customize it. Copy and paste the html code into your blog. You do this by going into dashboard, then the design tab. You'll see on your blog you can add a gadget to the right sidebar. Click on "add a gadget," then scroll down and click on "HTML/Javascript." Paste the html code into the box (you don't need to give it a title) and then publish!

    Let me know if you have questions. FYI, on a PC, to copy and paste it's Control+C and Control+V. On a Mac, it's Command+C and Command+V.

    ReplyDelete