Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sherlock Holmes Lives!

I've found a new mystery series!  Yeah!!  The Baker Street Letters by Michael Robertson spoke to me from the book shelf at Barnes and Noble.  "Buy me, please," it said. Well, mostly I loved the cover, and it seemed to have an interesting story line, so I did, and I'm glad!

Reggie Heath is a lawyer who has moved his practice to 221b Baker Street in London.  That is a rather famous address because of a rather famous fictional character.  But what if people send letters to that character at that address asking for his help?  And what if it is a provision of the lease that the tenant answer those letters? The fun starts when Reggie's somewhat impulsive brother acts upon one of those letters, and they are both wrapped up in a murder and mayhem in faraway Los Angeles.  The story is set in 1997, just far enough in the past to make things even more interesting.

Michael Robertson's second book in the series is The Brothers of Baker Street.  I'm going to Amazon right now and order it.  It's elementary!

2 comments:

  1. I love good mysteries! I loved Maisie Dobbs too. Have you read any books by Josephine Tey? She wrote just 8 mysteries before you died at an early age, but they are magnificent. You'll have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete