Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, A Love Story

I probably never would have started a blog if I hadn't been introduced to ThePioneerWoman.com.  The force behind that website is Ree Drummond, a country club girl from Oklahoma who went to USC, (FIGHT ON!) and fell in love with the big city.  She stayed in LA after college, but eventually decided she needed to move back home before attending law school in Chicago.  During this interlude fate stepped in, shaped like a gorgeous cowboy.  Goodbye, Chicago, hello wide open spaces! The rest is history, now that she's documented their heart-melting courtship in Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, A Love Story.

If you haven't heard of Ree, check out her website.  In addition to her "confessions" blog, she shares recipes, (She was a sushi loving vegetarian when she met her Marlboro Man. He was not.), her self-taught photography, and homeschooling tips.  Yes, she homeschools their FOUR children.  And shoos cows off of her porch.  And writes cookbooks.  The Pioneer Woman Cooks, Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl was published in 2009.  I know, because my friend Karen and I were dorky enough to go to her book signing in Torrance that fall.  However, about 300 other dorks were there, too, so we didn't feel too bad!  So, I can tell you that she is just as nice in person as she seems on her blog and in her books.  I love her, and I hope you do, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment