Friday, January 20, 2012

I Bought It, I Read It, and I Won't Apologize!

I admit it, I am a sucker for all things Evanovich.  So when I saw In a Nutshell at the grocery store I only hesitated a moment before putting it in my cart.  Normally I wouldn't hesitate at all, but this book was written by Janet Evanovich AND Dorien Kelly.  Now, I swear I'm not a book snob, but it has been my experience that twice the authors does not mean twice as good.  Happily, this time that was not the case!

In a Nutshell takes place in the vacation destination of Keene's Harbor, Michigan.  Kate Appleton spent summers there as a child, and now she is desperate to turn her family's ramshackle lake cottage, the Nutshell, into a viable bed and breakfast inn.  She just needs money to do it.  She lands a job at the local micro brewery, which of course is owned by the most available bachelor in town.  And, of course, the chemistry is immediate!  But mischief is afoot in Keene's Harbor, and the only way for Kate to save her home and future is to find the culprit.

This story is full of interesting characters and a 3 legged dog.  Plus beer.  So, abandon the Tolstoy and pick up In a Nutshell.  You're brain will thank you for the break!

No comments:

Post a Comment