Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy New Year!

OK, I know I'm a little late, but I've been playing catch up.  But, now that I'm MOSTLY caught up, I can  start reading again.  Hurray!

Sue Grafton is one of my favorite authors, and her latest book, V is for Vengeance, does not disappoint.  For those of you who don't know her, this is the 22nd book in her detective/mystery series.  Her first book is A is for Alibi, and she has worked her way through the alphabet to the current V.  That is good news for all who are just starting to read her books, but bad news for her legions of fans...ONLY FOUR MORE TO GO!!!

Kinsey Millhone is a private detective in Santa Teresa (Santa Barbara) where, surprisingly, there is never a  shortage of illegal mischief for her to investigate.  Even the most beautiful of settings can hide a seedy underbelly, and Kinsey's accidental witnessing of a shoplifting thrusts her right in the middle of murder and mayhem.  And I don't think she has Allstate.  (Get it?!)  When a grieving widower hires her to investigate the suspicious death of his new fiancé/above-mentioned-shoplifter, she begins to unravel a sinister web of mobsters and dirty cops, none of whom want her to uncover the truth.

I fell in love with Kinsey Millhone when I met her in A is for Alibi.  She is smart, tough, vulnerable and lovable.  If you know her, I'm sure you feel the same.  If you don't, start reading NOW!!  I just wish our alphabet had more than 26 letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment