Sunday, May 6, 2012

What in the World Do I Do Now????

I've just finished reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, right after I finished The Girl Who Played with Fire, both by Stieg Larsson.  I am now at loose ends.  I initially resisted starting this series, admittedly because I am a wimp.  Now I am pining for more.  I need help.

Mikael Blomkvist and Lisbeth Sander are in the thick of things once again.  She is falsely accused of murdering two journalists working for Blomkvist's magazine Millennium, just as they were set to publish an expose of the Swedish sex trade.  Lisbeth soon realizes that evil forces are lurking behind the killings, and she sets out to clear her name.  In the process she faces a giant genetic mutant, an evil-to-the-core so-called psychiatrist, and a sociopathic former Russian spy, who also just happens to be her estranged father.  But lucky for Lisbeth she has Mikael and friends on her side, not to mention her genius computer hacking skills.

Needless to say I LOVED these two books.  You can read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on its own, but don't even start The Girl Who Played with Fire unless you have Hornet's Nest on deck.  Another thing, make sure you have large blocks of undisturbed time to read the combined 1285 pages of these books.  Or, you could just let life fall apart around you until you're finished.  It will be well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment