Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian

I've been busy, but also procrastinating.  Truth.  And I've realized that the longer I wait to post the harder it gets. Therefore, I vow to post IMMEDIATELY after reading a book in the future.  Well, I'll give it a try.  Maybe. That concludes the confessions portion of our agenda.  

You MUST read The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie because:

1.  It is a GREAT story.
2.  It's based on a true story.
3.  That is the story of Sherman Alexie himself.
4.  Sherman Alexie is a Spokane Indian.
5.  Everything you think you know about life on a reservation is probably false.
6.  You'll find out what happens when Sherman leaves the Rez to go to a non-Indian high school.
7.  It has terrific illustrations.
8.  It was a National Book Award winner.
9.  It's perfect for summer because it's an entertaining and quick read.
10.  Thus, you won't miss much of the Olympics.
11.  The Olympics are the reason I'm procrastinating.

Order it, read it, enjoy!
Go USA!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment