Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx

I love to read.  I love to share what I read with my friends.  So here I am blogging about the books I read.  This is me blogging...blog I will...hmmmm...ok, maybe a little about me first.

I live in San Diego.  I have been married for 28 years.  I have 2 children, one is in college, and one is a senior in high school.  I spent many hours reading to my children.  I have 2 black Labradorks.  I do not read to the dogs.  I DO read to myself whenever I have the chance.  Over coffee, at lunch, in waiting rooms, on airplanes, at the gym.  You get the idea.

I come from a family of avid readers.  Family myth recalls how one of my grandmothers read so fast she would chose a book by its weight!  This is what I do when I buy a new book.  First, I put it up to my nose, then I riffle the pages and take a deep breath.  I can't get enough of the smell of a new book, and that is why I have yet to buy an e-reader.

I originally thought it would be fun to start on January 1st and blog about each of the books I read this year as I read them.  Since it's already January 25th, we'll go with Plan B!  Here are the books I've read so far in 2011:

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson
Thereby Hangs a Tail by Spencer Quinn
Little Bee by Chris Cleave
Moscow Rules by Daniel Silva

Right now I am reading Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese.

I have to go read now.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Welcome to the blogging world. I'm excited to get book recommendations from a trustworthy source. Post every week! Or even every day! I'll read them all!

    kisses
    your niece

    ReplyDelete