Friday, January 28, 2011

To Fetch a Thief

I love to read mysteries.  This life long addiction probably started when I would sit on top of the ladder that lived underneath my family's citrus trees, breathe in the scent of orange blossoms and read Nancy Drew.  I am a fan of several mystery/detective series, including those by Sue Grafton, Janet Evanovich, and Alexander McCall Smith, and now I can add Spencer Quinn to that list.

To Fetch a Thief is Spencer Quinn's third book in his Chet and Bernie mystery series. (I accidentally listed the second book, Thereby Hangs a Tail, on my first post.  I actually read To Fetch a Thief  this month...another halfzeimer's moment!)  Bernie is the detective, and Chet is his loyal partner and the narrator of the stories.  Chet is also a dog. Think Lassie with ADHD...very smart but easily distracted.  Chet and Bernie live in Phoenix, and desert atmosphere and geography play a big part in the books.  To Fetch also features a clown, an elephant, and some rather nasty Mexican bandidos.  These are not your run-of-the-mill mysteries!

So, put the Spencer Quinn books on your "Must Be Read Soon" list.
The three books in the series are:

Dog on It
Thereby Hangs a Tail
To Fetch a Thief

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Mary Kay

PS:  Random thought...To Catch a Thief with Cary Grant and Grace Kelly is one of my favorite movies, and the TV show with Robert Wagner was part of my childhood.  Anyone else?

6 comments:

  1. I added you to my blog list. :) So happy you are blogging! Oh, and Cary Grant...swoon!

    You sat on a ladder under the trees reading and I sat in the apricot tree at my house eating fruit and reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder series while my childhood friend sat at the base of the tree reading Nancy Drew. She wasn't a tree climber. I would toss an apricot down to her now and then and we would take a break and talk about what we were reading. Oh, the fond memories you have brought back with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parallel lives! LOVE Laura Ingalls Wilder, and apricots, but we had a loquat tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched to Catch a Thief every week with my mom. I think we both had crushes on Robert Wagner. As you know, I love the Bernie and Chet series. Chet is a hoot!I've read all three and they don't disappoint. Jack has read them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate loves them, too! Wasn't Bill Cosby in To Catch a Thief also?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No. That was I Spy with Rober Culp

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's right! I think I'll Netflix both those series! How is Foyle going?

    ReplyDelete