Friday, February 4, 2011

Bond...James Bond

I love a good spy, especially in the form of Daniel Craig or Sean Connery.  Oh, wait, I am supposed to be talking about books.  I love a good spy STORY.  I hope I cleared that up for you.

I did not plan on reading Moscow Rules by Daniel Silva.  It ended up in my house after a steady stream of house guests had left, so I put it in my To-be-Read pile.  That pile quickley shrank, and Moscow Rules was all I had left.  So I read it.  And I liked it!

The story centers around Gabriel Allon, a mysterious Israeli operative and master art restorer.  Strange combination, but it seems to work.  The book is filled with suspense and intrigue, and the good guys win, mostly.  This is a perfect vacation/beach read, and if you like Gabriel, he stars in 9 other Daniel Silva novels.  Also, they come in standard paperback format, so it doesn't matter if you drop it in the sand.
Unless you have an e-reader.  DON'T drop that in the sand.

Mary Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment