Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Love Airport Bookstores

Cold Sassy Tree was almost the last book in my reading pile.  I say "almost", because I did have a couple of books left, but we were flying up to Northern California for the weekend, and hardbacks don't travel well.  (Still don't have a Kindle!)  BUT, I know I can always find something at the trusty airport bookstore.

The cover of The Girl in the Green Raincoat by Laura Lippman jumped right out at me, and I'm sure glad it did!  Originally written as a serial for the New York Times, this book is perfect for a plane ride or a rainy day at home.  Each chapter contains its own little story, but the whole thing meshes into a satisfying little mystery.  She admittedly takes more than a little inspiration from Hitchcock's Rear Window, one of my favorites.  The characters are funny and quirky, and the story is just a bit twisted.  Just what I like.  I hope you do, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment